Sunday, October 9, 2011

Test ride of 64cm Roubaix SL3 Pro

I had a chance to see a 64cm Roubaix SL3 Pro in person and test ride it. Well, it rides great and is a real nice bike. The carbon feel is pretty cool, hard to describe but I could feel the vibration damping qualities. Not sure how much of that is the carbon and how much is the “Zertz” inserts in the fork and seat stays. The Roubaix was plenty stiff so no problem there. Problem is that it is the same size as my current bike. Actually the bars were a bit lower and the seat post (350mm) was not able to go high enough. If you look at the secs it should be much larger than my current frame. I could get a new 400mm seat post and a higher rise 140mm stem, but I do not want to make the frame work by adding weird sized parts. I want a frame that fits.

Here are some photos of me on my current bike and me on the Roubaix.

















Funny to see myself on these. Both look really small. Maybe it's just me. I do not have the correct bend in my arms. So this test ride helps me make my decision about the CAAD5 as well. The CAAD5 has roughly the same measurements except it has a longer seat tube and a lower head tube. Longer seat post - cool. Lower head tube - bad.

At this point the 68cm Gunnar Rodie is the winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment