Thursday, December 15, 2011

Decision made




Don't I look happy? This is right after we picked up the frame. Decided to go with the 68cm Gunnar Rodie for a couple of reasons. It offered the highest head tube at 270mm tall. My Raleigh Super Course only had a 225mm head tube so I should notice a big difference. The top tube length seems just about right at 62cm, and its a virtual 68cm so the seat tube is only 65cm tall. I also liked the price and the fact that it is made in the USA. This was not the cheapest in the line up at $900 but I feel a reasonable price. I have always ridden steel road bikes so I know what to expect from ride quality and maintenance. I do love the look of carbon bikes but could not bring myself to shell out $2500 just for a frame, let alone the fact that I could not find one in my size! I will post pics as the build up commences. Also after all the decisions were made, guess the blog should have been called 68cm Tall Bike...

Couple things to note here. I chose a Charcoal Grey Metallic, it looks great. I also choose to have the decals removed. All but the made in USA on the non-drive side chain stay. Frame weighs 5lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment